Thursday, July 28, 2016

Windows 10: Is it any wonder?

The more I read and hear about Window 10, the more I dislike what Microsoft is doing.

Am I surprised? No, it is not a surprise at all. Microsoft has been a bully for decades.

Am I disappointed? Frankly, no I am not disappointed. This may be one more reason for people to look for an alternative. Some of my friends have gone the Apple Mac way, some the Linux way.

Am I converting? No, no, no! Very soon I will test an alternative approach. If all goes well, I will do completely without Windows on my home system. if necessary, I will install CodeWeavers' CrossOver (they are having a 40% off special on their site) to run a few Windows apps that I may still need for work-related projects. Otherwise, I will be done with the whole Windows mess. I will report here on my progress.

If you want more details, feel free to read the comprehensive analysis that How-to Geeks has published of Windows 10 after a year of complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment