Do you use Paste Special every day?
If not, you could be wasting a lot of time in Excel.
Paste Special sounds boring, but it's a gateway to many hidden and powerful features:
A treasure trove of powerful features lies here!
With paste special, you can easily:
- Convert formulas to static values
- Paste data without borders
- Paste formulas without cell formatting
- Paste values without any formatting at all
- Copy column widths (bizarre, but useful!)
- Extend formatting down a large table
- Copy and paste comments
- Copy and paste data validation
- Clone a pivot table (without source data or controls)
- Add 30 days to column of dates
- Subtract a penny from a sheet of prices
- Increase sales projections by 10%
If all that's not enough, Paste Special lets you transpose vertical data to horizontal, and vice versa!
The bottom line: Paste Special is a killer feature you should use every day in Excel.